Wednesday 19 May 2010

The 2nd most important lady on the day, mother of the bride



I have just finished my 1st mother of the bride order. I didn't expect to go down this route when I first started Silver Sixpence but when asked I thought, why not give it a go. I am so pleased with the results and am really hoping the lovely lady I designed and made this for will be too when she receives it this weekend. She wanted a custom designed and made to match her outfit fascinator and bag brooch. Much more Selfridges than BHS!

A little tutorial for you......I used bias sinamay tape and grosgrain ribbon in black and green to create the bound effect, all handsewn.



Followed by gorgeous glossy black coque feathers which have a lovely greenish tinge to them in a certain light.




Then using these special spikey goose feathers, I manipulated them into shapes and left some as they come.



I hope she loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment