Tuesday 8 March 2011

The Vintage Wedding Fair - Harrogate

Sunday 27th Feb was the day and what a great event this was. My first wedding fair and I was a real mixture of nerves and excitement. I am so glad I took part in this event, it really was perfect for Silver Sixpence product. After a bit of a battle with a very full car park I lugged all my stuff inside. Lesson one, take a helper! As usual I was thinking I would be fine to do everything by myself but I will definitely need a helper next time round. Any volunteers welcome!

The Fair was held at the gorgeous St George hotel on Rippon Road in the heart of Harrogate across 2 of the function rooms. We had 1000 people come to visit so it was a hectic day from start to finish. In fact there was a point in the middle of the day when I couldn't get to everyone waiting to talk to me at the stall so if I missed you then I am so sorry and please do get in touch via my website http://www.silver-sixpence-in-her-shoe.co.uk/



I had a great spot next to the vintage style tea room run by the Marvellous Tea Dance Co
http://www.themarvellousteadancecompany.co.uk so had lots of people checking the stall out whilst queuing for tea and cakes. Plus a huge temptation to eat cake! They almost looked too pretty to eat.



I only managed to get a chance to see what was going on in my room given I was so busy (by the way a big thanks to Pocket Typewriter on the next stall to me for allowing me to check out the competition and go to the loo!) I must mention how fantastic their bespoke wedding stationary is- the cutest and most unusual I have ever seen. Sadly I can't seem to find a facebook page or website for them to post up here.

The room was brimming with gorgeous vintage suppliers of dresses, jewellery, headwear and shoes and ontop of that there were plenty of folk like me selling and promoting their vintage style wares. I won't mention the direct competition...that would be silly!..but there were some gorgeous stalls.

Check out my favourites, Vintage Twee for all your table decs on the day
http://www.vintagetwee.com

Bethany Jane Davies Vintage style hair and make up- the girls on the stall looked so glamorous they out us all to shame!
http://www.bethanyjanedavies.com

So roll on September 18th as I hope to be back at the next one! Check out the official website as Keeley, the organiser is doing lots of other exciting stuff too.

http://www.vintageweddingfair.co.uk

I just want to say thanks to all the lovely brides to be I met on the day for all the kind comments you made about my work- it makes it all worthwhile!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment