Friday 17 June 2011

50's gorgeousness and glamour in the gritty Northern Quarter- better late than never!

This has been a long time on my to do list but I have been a busy lady. I am delighted to be sharing the images of a fabulous shoot I did a couple of months ago by Katy Lunsford. I was asked to be involved via the lovely Laura Coleman a florist I know well. A shoot was being organised at the Sweet Tooth Cupcakery in the northern quarter- a part of Manchester which I love for it's edginess. Little did I know I would also be introduced to so many great people including Katy, a wonderful photographer, Charlie Murray make up artist, and Aisla Mclaggan stylist extraordinaire! It was also the first time I had worked with Charlotte Balbier and her stunning dresses.

The day started out with us mostly trying to control my little boy and Katy's little girl from wrecking the shop ( curse of the working mum!) I need to thanks Ailsa and Charlie for their excellent babysitting skills! They should do it as a side line as their ability to multi task was remarkable.

Ailsa dressed the shop up a treat with vintage style blooms from Laura in all kinds of lovely mismatched crockery and glassware- which I believe she hires out too. There were awesome brightly coloured cupcakes displayed on vintage cake stands in colours specially done to match with the 50s theme of the day.

We started with an beautiful soft Audrey Hepburn at a vintage tea party look. I had provided my Pearl lace garter and Lydia Shoe clips for this look and I am delighted with these shots Katy has done they show off the product so well! Laura had done a lovely bright bouquet of purple and pink Anemones ( I think so but I am no florist!) and so I added a lovely dusty pink mini bouquet charm to match. The dress speaks for itself I think, I am loving the little bolero.



Just want to take a mo here to mention Kim the model found through Ailsa- she is just lovely and so natural.

Lunch break over ( baby lunch chaos tackled too) we moved onto a quirky bright 50s look for the afternoon- my absolute fave! I had arranged with my hubby to bring along his vintage red vespa -his pride and joy so I was super nervous. We caused quite a stir in the street with this part of the shoot.

Kim rocked the sassy fifties look and once again I am totally delighted with Katie's product shots- I had made the accessories below, a set called the Ruby spot shoe clips, heart bouquet charms and ring pillow especially for the shoots 50's theme. I love the shot of the cupcake on the Ruby ring pillow!




How sassy is Kim and I think EVERYONE should have a floral decorated parasol when they get married. Awesome idea from Laura.






Hubby turned up to pick up his scooter and was suitably embarrassed by being roped into a few ( illegal as no bike helmets in use) shots!

Great day, great pics and a lovely talented bunch of people. It was a lot of fun. I keep trying to add charms and flowers to scooter at home but he won't let me........

No comments:

Post a Comment