Wednesday 14 September 2011

A yummy afternoon





Just a quick post tonight about a lovely surprise occurence today. Whilst spending a bit of time tweeting at lunch, the wonderful Dish Ran Away with the Spoon were offering a box of their new recipe cakes for autumn to the 1st 8 people who tweeted back. I jumped on that, never one to pass up cake. So later that afternoon armed with 2 friends and 3 babies we descended on the shop for tea and cake. In between ensuring out little ones didn't completely wreck the gorgeous shop ( I must say the lady in charge was very very tolerant of it all!) We managed to sample a lovely Blackberry muffin and an Apple and custard muffin (my fave) I still have the 2 delightful looking slices above at home to sample. I think one is choc and mint and the other is a spicy honey buttercream cake. Hubby is off out, what is the bets when he returns there will be nothing left!! I can confirm the cupcakes were delicious!

On a more serious note I do know the owner Anna Gill and in fact work with her so I feel bad that I won the cake! Anna does wonderful afternoon teas and I work with her on my private and hen parties in the northwest. Along with Sharon from For the Love of Vintage, who provides the full vintage crockery tea set, Anna can whip up an amazing spread to compliment your afternoon of vintage fascinator crafting avec moi. My pics above hardly do her cakes justice so here are a few more professional shots!



We are already getting 2012 bookings so get in there quick you brides to be. If you want to know more about what we can do for you please feel free to visit me at my upcoming wedding fairs for or take a look at the website.

Cake is calling me...shhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment