Sunday 11 December 2011

A round up of the last few months at Silver headquarters

It's been a busy few months at Silver Sixpence in Her Shoe headquarters. The autumn has seen wedding fairs, a new collection launch, new stockists coming on board and a big expansion of our craft workshops. Ontop of that I have been meeting some fab new industry people, always a pleasure! So I thought I would do a little round up of what's been going on.



Sept and Oct was all about the fairs for me. I travelled to Harrogate and Chester for the Vintage wedding fairs. These are always great, full of demos and unusual treasures. For the first time I ran vintage headpiece workshops in Chester and this will be continuing into the 2012 fairs alongside exhibiting my bridal collection.



My new mirror- I love!







I loved meeting some of the brides to be and seeing their ideas on what they wanted to make for their own wedding day! And so organised too. One lady came and made her very own mini headpiece complete with orange polka dot theme tied in ( always something to suit everyone in all my jars and pots of haberdashery!) She wasn't getting married until 2014! I was never that together about my own wedding!

So I am looking forward to getting going on the consultations and bespoke pieces for the brides to be once 2012 kicks off!

In addition Silver Sixpence in Her Shoe parties and workshops have been going from strength to strength. We ran a mini headpiece class back in October - a new idea for thise who want to keep it simple. Then on 29th November the Xmas extravaganza vintage headpiece class was a roaring success at Airyfairy cupcake boutique. I was getting all sorts of excited emails in the run up- would I have things in red/purple/gold for a moulin rouge theme.... even a bride to be wanted to come and have a go at something for her wedding. I was joined by Rachael from The Social Butterfly. She runs a great events company and wanted to profile the classes. I will be running workshops at their White Memoirs Vintage wedding Fair in Stockport townhall in february 2012.

Thanks Rachael for supplying me with the pics below and writing a lovely blog piece about it all.












2012 is getting really booked up with excited groups of hens wanting to make their own headpieces to wear to the wedding and a range of classes will be on offer soon. A lovely way to pass a dreary Jan/Feb evening as lets face it, it's a miserable time of year!

In other news I have started to get a wee bit of press which is super exciting for me! You and Your Wedding and Perfect Wedding mag both ran features on my product/brides and I took the plunge and took out an advertorial in the fabulous Brides magazine

I chose this fab picture taken by the talented and very lovely Katy Lunsford to feature in the ad as I felt it captured the essence of the new collection and Silver Sixpence in Her Shoe's handwriting perfectly. More on her amazing shoot in my next post but I owe this lady a debt of gratitude for her skills!







So onto 2012, there will be lots of new things going on here at Silver Sixpence headquarters in the coming months so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment