Saturday 22 October 2011

Holly, just in time for Xmas!

Ah, such a massively overdue post tonight. I don't even like to think when I last updated the blog, it's shameful. However on the plus side I have been very busy- full update post coming soon.....don't quote me. So that is my excuse.

The lovely bride featured tonight is Holly from Sheffield. She has kindly sent me some of her gorgeous wedding day pics to blog. I first met Holly back in February this year at my very first day back at work post baby, and my very first wedding fair! The Vintage Wedding Fair in Harrogate to be precise. Loving the idea of a birdcage veil and all sorted with her stunning Justin Alexander dress we made a plan to meet post fair for a consultation. One Saturday morning later, Holly decided on her veil for the day ceremony and the Daisy flower comb for her evening do. She also wanted a bespoke garter to match her vintage lace with a tiny hint of sparkle theme. Off I went to source her fabric. Holly's dress was a lovely ivory silk dupion so I sourced to match. 6 weeks later the result was a silk dupion and vintage lace flower headpiece with a birdcage veil with just a hint of sparkle.

Doesn't she look stunning? A bit of a 40's starlet I think! I love the picture her with her mum, it is so natural! It is also the first time a bride has been brave enough to send me a picture of her actually wearing her garter. I have been dying for one so thank you!

The pictures are just lovely Holly thanks so much for sending them and for your kind words about the pieces. I wish you all the luck in the world as a married lady!
















Holly's modern yet vintage inspired look fitted perfectly with my brand ethos. I was so inspired I created the Holly veil below- a version of Holly's headpiece only larger for the 2012 accessories collection- just launched yesterday on the fabulous Love My Dress.




If you would like to achieve Holly's look I have a number of birdcage veils within the range and also work on a bespoke basis with brides



The Daisy flower comb- Holly's choice for her evening do




Holly's garter was created as a bespoke piece for her but if you would like something similar the Allegra ( above) is perfect!

Thank you again to Holly

Nicola
x

No comments:

Post a Comment