Wednesday 10 March 2010

Autumn catwalk trends for brides to be

I may have moved from fashion to the bridal market but that doesn't mean I want to miss out on looking at the new shows! I have pulled out a few highlights that work well for brides to be. Not everyone wants a traditional wedding dress- I know I didn't. There are so many options out there now for brides such as vintage, custom made and designer. If you are confident enough and want something a bit different...why not go for it? There should be no rules.




Marchesa always do fabulous show stopping evening dresses. I love the ruffle effects in tulle here- almost feather like. I will definitely be doing some experimenting for new pieces along this line. I love the flashes of black too- very chic and cocktail party -esque. Would be my choice for sure!



If you are planning a summer wedding these maxi dresses have such a nice boho feel to them. Great mixed with crochet and lace accessories I think. FYI left is Temperly, centre is Philosophy and right is Dior



If glitz and glamour are still your thing there are tonnes of designer dresses that still offer something different. I particularly love the Colette Dinnegan on the right- very on trend with the tulle and assymetric shoulder but still daring. left is Oscar De La Renta, centre Jason Wu and right Colette Dinnegan.



I think the Lydia large flower comb from my SS10 collection which incorporates crystals and lurex lace is a perfect match for this sort of dramatic look


This Jason Wu babydoll above is so cutesy. I can imagine this looking great at an outdoors summer wedding. Something like my quirky Maddie silk and lace hairband would work well. If a flower bouquet looks too much with this style, a wrist corsage would look great


Carolina Herrera has used silk organza in a really dramatic way here



And finally I love the retro 60s look of these Valentinos- dare you get those legs out?

No comments:

Post a Comment